I’m now more than a hundred days into the year, and the first four months of 2013 have been a whirlwind of doing. One of my few regrets about it has been that this blog has dropped off the bottom of the priority list. What’s been above it?
- Building my first fighting kit and authorizing as an armored combat fighter in the SCA (as well as becoming a herald).
- Getting back into running by slowly up-ing my weekly mileage and doing yoga everyday to prevent the kinds of injuries that have plagued me before, then catching a cold and losing almost a month of workout time.
- Retiring my Dying Kingdoms character in epic fashion and rolling in a new one.
- Spending almost every weekend since the beginning of the year with Gwen, either at a DK or SCA event, or skiing.
- Handing off my Scrum Master responsibilities at work to the person who I had (secretly) trained to be my replacement.
When I write it like that, it sounds like so little, and yet, it’s been all-consuming. It’s also been a ton of fun, though I do like that I’m coming up for a brief bit of air.