I’ve been sitting on a bunch of improv and storytelling links for a while… and now it’s time to share them.
- Marco Tempest calls himself a “techno-illusionist.” In this pair of short videos, you’ll see he’s quite a storyteller as well.
- Aparna Rao (along with her partner Soren Pors) creates visual art that tells jokes.
- Charlie Todd explains his experiences with Improv Everywhere and the importance of the shared experience of absurdity.
- Brian Raftery walks us through the early history of the Upright Citizens Brigade.
- Alex Lamb — who had I had the good fortune to meet at the AIN Bay Area Conference in 2010 — has a trio of posts on an archetype-based long-form improv format he create.
- My college friend Peter Rogers, who takes amazing notes on these kinds of things, recently attended five improv workshops and posted what he learned.