Body and Mind
Yoga continues to be excellent for me; I’m glad I started, and I’m committed to making it part of my routine. The other development of the week was that we restarted SCA Fighter Practice after nearly a month off, due to the holidays. It’s good to spend a few hours a week having to pay close attention to my body and getting very immediate feedback when I do something incorrectly.
Friends and Family
Gwen’s folks were unfortunately unable to make it out for New Year’s, so we ended up going down to see the Rose Parade with our friends Emma and Matt instead. They, like me, grew up in the Midwest, so the notion of wanting to sit outside to watch a parade on January First was exciting. (We also learned that Emma has strong opinions regarding marching bands, specifically: More Sousa and less gold lamé.) It did mean we called it a night early on New Year’s Eve, but I was fine with that.
Kind of a slow week in this category. I’ve decided that I want to generalize my knitting-related activities into “making”: doing something that produces some tangible output, be that knitting, weaving, cooking, or — what I’m doing right now — coloring in a coloring book.
Currently Reading: Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margin of Error
Things I’ve Read:
- OK Cupid: An Exploration Into Just How Low Some Guys Will Go
- Anchor Brewing Christmas Ale Labels
- To Stand or To Sit at Work: An Auto-Analytics Experiment
- The Future of You
- The Process Myth
- the majority of images
- Seven habits and routines that will help you become a more effective unclutterer
- Seven routines and guidelines to live as an unclutterer — no super powers necessary
- Best Nature Photos of 2012
- Facilities Management behind the Olympics
- The End of Economists’ Imperialism
This Week’s Soundtrack: Theatre Is Evil, Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra
Sort of spinning my wheels here, trying to figure out what I want to do next.
An improv show tonight, a party down in LA tomorrow, and starting some armorcrafting on Sunday.